I bought $50.00 worth of Irwin clamps today. That’s enough cash for six of them. I have been using the bigger clamps as can be seen in other photos. Yep, should have bought these sooner as they are a good… Continue reading →
That’s me all right, a slow poke. I haven’t been jumping on this project as much as I intended when I started it. I have lots of excuses of course but none that even I believe. So I will not… Continue reading →
More work on planking the forward part of the hull. This is the part of the work where the builder has to force wood to go where it doesn’t want to go. There are no instructions on how to do… Continue reading →
First step is to shape the chine strips to match the frames. This took some time even using 80 grit sandpaper. I wore a dust mask I no longer can tolerate inhaling sawdust or in this case sanding dust.
It has been a bit of a dry spell in the building of the Dauntless. That’s not very good when the project is a boat. The bones of the hull have been setting in plain sight and the assembly is… Continue reading →
I did some work on the hull this weekend. Not much as all I did was get the keel glued to all the bulkheads (frames). I tried to form the chine stringer at the chine line to conform to the… Continue reading →
The hull formation has begun. The last post was a dry fit. This one has the epoxy doing its thing. I had an idea to keep the chine flat to the board. I used an office stapler in the open… Continue reading →